Re: Topband: 160m Fishing Beacons

To: "Ray Benny" <rayn6vr@cableone.net>, nick@clockmaker.com.au
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Fishing Beacons
From: "Petr Ourednik" <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:06:09 +0200
Hi Nick and Ray,

see my article which I posted longer time ago on my TB blog about the
FNB or DNF...

http://topband.blog.cz/0810/drift-nets-fishing-beacons

Also the beacon list is updated including the FNB/DNF.

http://topband.blog.cz/0611/160m-beacon-list

I am trying to complete the list of beacons for long time ago and I
tried it
also for fishnets including history...

73 - Petr, OK1RP

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:15:12 -0700, "Ray Benny" <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
said:
> Nick,
>
> I'm glad someone is picking up the fishing beacon documentation and
> history.
> I believe it is you that is wanting to keep an SWL log of beacons heard.
> If
> not, pse let me know who is.
> http://www.genesisradio.com.au/VK2DX/fishnet.html
>
> I have made up my own Excel SWL list, it is attached. I have added
> several
> extra columns: my sunrise, WWV, and relative signal strength and a note
> field. I am new to 160m and currently only listen a couple times a
> week during our sunrise. When I got on 160m and started logging the
> beacons
> heard, I did not record the date, signal strength or WWV.
>
> Let me know if you would like more of these SWL lists from me.
>
> Ray, N6VR
>
> near Prescott, AZ
>
> PS, my rx/tx antenna is a simple 30ft tall Inverted L with about 10
> radials.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK