Topband: Height of Beverage-Driveway

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Height of Beverage-Driveway
From: rfman45 <rfman45@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:15:08 -0500
 After 50 years in radio I'm starting to enjoy myself on Topband and have
learned much valuable information here thanks to all of you. I have, however,
encountered a problem for which I would ask your opinion.

 I'm running a beverage about 10 feet high which must cross a driveway. Now 10
feet is too low for the occasional truck so what I would like to know is what
would be the effect on performance if I raise it to 13 feet or so just to clear
the driveway? I know that beverages can have dips and irregularities but would
this three foot increase in height for about 10 feet be an issue?

 Thanks in advance for any help on this question!

                                73 es DX     Mike   W2LO

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK