Topband: The Slingshot Option

To: sebdesn <sebdesn@comcast.net>
Subject: Topband: The Slingshot Option
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:27:50 -0400
Bud, this is exactly what I did, and it has never worked worth a darn -
most times, the fishing weight doesn't get even 15 feet from the
slingshot.  Where on the slingshot did you attach the reel?  Did you use
a closed or open-face reel?  What weight of line?  I'd sure like to
rehab mine, if I could figure out what to do.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

On 10/14/2010 10:28 AM, sebdesn wrote:
> I went to Walmart and bought a cheap spinning reel(Attach it to the sling
> shot) . a sling shot, a small lead fishing weight. and some light fishing
> line line.
> Its very easy to shoot it a hundred feet over a tree and then attach rope to
> it, to pull wire over. also very reasonable price/ wise...
> Bud WOHG
> -
>
> Dear all
>
> some time ago there were some discussions on reflector about how to
> make a pneumatic device that could be used to launch a fishing line
> with sinker over a top of a tree for attaching wire antennas..
>

> 73 de VK2CCC
>
> www.qrz.lt/ly1df

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK