Topband: Tower work finished!

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Tower work finished!
From: "Phil LaMarche" <plamarc1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:33:20 -0500
I'm really excited.  Took down the inverted L and finally shunt fed my 70
ft. tower with a Pro67B for a top hat.  Had to adjust the closeness of the
wire to the tower for a proper match and a variable cap at the bottom. Used
a semi stiff coax tying the brad and conductor together.  Tunes up 1.5:1 and
covers the whole band with my Palstar AT2K.  First contacts around 7:30 in
the evening were Florida to NC and Iowa and both over 9 reports using 100
watts with a K3.  The L never worked very well.  So happy!

Phil

Philip LaMarche

LaMarche Enterprises, Inc

 <mailto:Phil@LaMarcheEnterprises.com> Phil@LaMarcheEnterprises.com