Re: Topband: KD9SV Preamp with BF-981

To: thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: KD9SV Preamp with BF-981
From: WD8DSB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:40:27 EST
Tom,

The modification you mention for using a BF981 with the KD9SV preamp is as
follows :

Install a 22 ohm resistor between the 100 ohm resistor and  the source of
the dual gate mosfet.  The 100 ohm resistor is currently  connected to the
source of the dual gate mosfet and ground, so you need to cut  the trace that
connects the 100 ohm resistor to the source of the dual gate  mosfet and
place the 22 ohm resistor across this cut in the trace.

When done with the mod you will have a 22 ohm resistor connected to  the
source of the mosfet, and then a 100 ohm resistor connected to the other  side
of this 22 ohm resistor and ground (with a 0.1 or 0.05 ufd cap in  parallel
with the 100 ohm resistor).

(The 100 ohm resistor and the 0.1 or 0.05 ufd cap already exist in your
preamp, you are just adding the 22 ohm resistor as described above).

I obtained this info direct from Gary (KD9SV) a few months ago.

Don

In a message dated 3/5/2011 11:09:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,