Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m vertical with "top loading"
From: "Allan Greening" <vk3pa@vk3pa.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 04:11:37 -0000
I usea top loaded 90 ft vertical with 4 off 36ft top load wires at 45
degrees which also be come the 4 guy wires to support the top.. Other guy
are at 40 es 60 ft levels.. I have 60 x 1/4 wave gnd radials, es use a multi
tap toroid transformer set at approx 18 ohm point..
In 10 months have wked 103 es 82 comfirmed DXcc es 35 WAZ wked es 33
comfirmed
Verticals "only" work gud with a gud gnd system,,
I have just improved my RX with a "Hi-Z"  Triangle phased rx ant..
Cu on TB..
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK