Topband: Receiver front end protector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Receiver front end protector
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:27:11 -0400
The ICE 196 is IMHO the best front end protection that was in the
market.  It's too bad they are not currently available.  It provides
full DC isolation at all times to prevent against static discharge
problems, and works on the principle of saturable reactors.  It does not
clip - it simply saturates at a reasonable voltage on the receiver side,
and goes to a low impedance on the antenna side.  It requires no
voltage, no switching and you just leave it in-line forever.  Running
SO2R I am always driving one of them deep into saturation and it does
not re-radiate anything into the other receiver.

I thought about offering them for sale.  Someone should.  I am getting
too old and lazy I think.

73,
Hal N4GG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK