Topband: 160M/80M operation scheduled for 19/20/12 November 2011 from VK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M/80M operation scheduled for 19/20/12 November 2011 from VK4!
From: "MaXiLeeCH" <maxileech@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 23:02:13 +1000
Hi everyone,
My name is Jeff Cochrane and I am VK4BOF.

I am new to the list but joined to help get the word out about an up-coming
operation our club has planned.

Our Club, The Tablelands Radio & Electronics Club (aka T.R.E.C.) which is based
in Atherton, Far North Queensland, Australia has been offered a golden
opportunity by a local AM radio broadcast station to use their brand new, full
size AM broadcast band antenna BEFORE it is commisioned.

The antenna system consists of an antenna of 200+ feet in height + the
associated ground system which is based near the township of Euramo.
(pronounced You-Ra-Mo)

Euramo is about 160Km (100 Miles) south of the city of Cairns, in North
Queensland, Australia and its Maidenhead grid square is QH22xa and the
approximate lat / long is: Lat: -17.9990136 Long: 145.9376315.

We will be active as VK4XQA from Euramo for 3 days / nights on November
19/20/21 on 160M and 80M Australian DX window (3.776-3.800) using both CW and
SSB with AM operation also being contemplated on 160M.
Approximate operating times will be posted here later this week.

Our equipment will consist of an Elecraft K3 plus an Elecraft P3 panadaptor
plus an Elecraft KPA500 Amplifier running 400Watts output. (The Australian
legal limit)

Please listen out for us. A 'special' one off QSL card will be available for
this once in a lifetime event.

73 to all,

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
East Innisfail