Re: Topband: Beverage transformer enclosures

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage transformer enclosures
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:10:20 -0400
On 11/11/2011 12:57 PM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
> I have used a typical Hammond plastic box for years...they seem to hold up
> well.
> Drill a drain hole.

I can't drill a drain hole here since after a few week hundreds of fire
ants will start to live breed and defaecate inside. Then everything goes
to pieces as their by products are very corrosive.  If you have worries
about moisture I (due to condensation from temperature extreme
variations which we don't have on the tropics) I recommend putting a few
packages of Silica Gel put inside before you close the box. Also there
is the option of potting are even filling the finish product with that
spray material Neat Stuff available at Home Depot which will fill all
the voids and keep it dry in any climate.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK