Re: Topband: Inverted L antennas.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L antennas.
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:13:43 +0000 (UTC)

Jerry,

  I started with one radial.. and added inductance here the radial connected to
the base

of the antenna.. wish I remembered what valuee I used .. but I dont. then
trimmed the radial I had

pre cut somewhat longer than 1/8 wl..I dont remember if I used an RF sniffer or
a clamp on ammeter

to trim the radial  when you are done each radial will be ballanced to the
correct length  and be physically

1/8th wl long but loaded to 1/4 wl..   These seem to work well.  My problem at
the moment is that

with the new McMansions next to me I now have all kinds of common mode
problems.

Of course it could be some new appliance or device my wife has added to the
house.. I still have to

resolve it.

Jim