Re: Topband: contesting in a field

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: contesting in a field
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:49:14 -0400
Chris,

For a one time deal, I would go buy yourself a 4' Mylar ballon, a tank of
helium and raise a small diameter copper wire up 127'.

We used one on St. Paul Island in 1997 as CY9AA and were working EU's even
before the sun set !
The prefix and the salt water didn't hurt though, hi !

Lay down a dozen radials, or better still, 4 raised radials, and you'll have
a killer system.

Yes, I know you can't build it in your workshop on a tablesaw ;-) HI

Mike VE9AA, EX Cy0AA, CY9aa, ad naseum

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge
NB