Topband: Bog wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bog wire
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:28:58 -0800
I also have found the BOG antenna to be quieter than my up in the air
Beverages. In some types of thunderstorm  QRN I have been able to make DX
contacts when copy was not possible on other Beverages.  Self termination
varies with ground conditions. Trying to resonate a BOG is like chasing a
butterfly, as ground conditions are constantly changing. The non resonant
approach is working  well,
 my BOG length is now 160 feet.  Low Banders in my area are using from 134
to 160 foot lengths.
An earlier experiment with a two wire, two direction 247 foot BOG went well
until late winter when snow melting and re-freezing took place. Then self
termination, and pattern changes took place. Best length varies with local
ground conditions and bands of interest.... ( Non-conductive sands of Cape
Cod, and Florida would be near the BOG optimum)
They are easy to install,  low maintenance, and rarely gets damaged.
Beverage notes www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html
73  Bruce

> Ive had a single wire 600' BOG for a bit over a year and I must say Im
> impressed. > Carl
> KM1H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK