Re: Topband: no response to query: feeding phased verticals at half wave

To: Topband@contesting.com, Dale Long <dale.long@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: no response to query: feeding phased verticals at half wave spacing
From: "Gerry Treas, K8GT" <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 1:06:31 +0000
Hi Dale,

I'm no antenna expert, but certainly read as much of the experts publications
as I can get my hands on, but having a Teflon brain, it doesn't stick very well.

That said, the ARRL Antenna Book has a page that shows the patterns of various
spacings and phasings of vertical antennas, which I found very enlightening.

73, Gerry, K8GT

---- Dale Long <dale.long@prodigy.net> wrote:

=============
Gentlemen:

I am not one who thinks the whole world revolves around my concerns.  And I
recognize that some research on my part may be necessary. ( I have read
ON4UN's Low-Band Dxing)

But I do think this is a reasonable question, and think that there are
knowledgeable folks who might provide some advice.  Unfortunately I have
never done any antenna modeling.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dale N3BNA