Re: Topband: Inverted L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L
From: Phil Duff <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:23:53 +0000
On 11/30/2011 14:48, N2TK, Tony wrote:
> After 15 years of using Commscope flooded RG6 for my 80M wire 4-sq I am
> showing corrosion on the center conductor at the feedpoints and Comtek box.
> So got another roll of the same stuff from eBay and making up 4 new
> feedlines. This time slipping 100 ferrite beads on the ends for choking.
> Cheap for that many years of use. I use F-connectors on the ends.

One thing I learned from my recent antenna project using RG6 and F
connectors was to buy quality environmentally sealed F connectors
(Snap-N-Seal) and the proper RG6 cutting/stripping and Snap-N-Seal
connector installation tool.

Makes quick weather tight RG6 F connectors.  The junk
push-on/screw-on/solder F connectors are nothing but trouble.

de NA4M Phil

--
Phil Duff