Re: Topband: K2AV 160m Folded Counterpoise Antenna - Ferrite Beads

To: "'Mike Waters'" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "'topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K2AV 160m Folded Counterpoise Antenna - Ferrite Beads
From: "W0UCE" <w0uce@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:33:43 -0500
Mike:
Don't waste your money, time and effort trying ferrite beads, baluns, line
isolators or anything EXCEPT the Isolation Transformer...

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM, W0UCE <w0uce@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> *       The ONLY means of achieving the required degree of Isolation is to
> use the Isolation Transformer as specified by K2AV

I was thinking of sliding a whole bunch of ferrite beads over the coax
feedline right at the end. But I'll take your word for it.

This is all very interesting. I'd sure like to try Guy's invention myself.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK