Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 108, Issue 37

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 108, Issue 37
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:54:36 +0000 (UTC)

Gary,

I had this problem once when I used the wrong connections.. the ones I had were
for RG-59 instead of RG-6

Check carefully they look alike if unsure get new ones

Jim

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:00:02 -0500
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Subject: Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors
To: TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM

I figure someone here knows the answer, I want to put better
connectors on my flooded RG-6/U coax going to my Hi-Z triangular
assembly. I bought a used tool like this off fleabay
http://tinyurl.com/7vr5kvn and 100 connectors (It's a long life...)

You put the coax in the stripper and two blades cut the jacket,
removing just the right amount of vinyl and simultaneously cutting
down to the center wire at the right place. Then you put the
connector with the coax in it ready to be compressed and you squeeze
and it locks the connector.

Nice, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the snap-n-seal
connector mounted on the coax. I've tried slipping the coax in but
the inner sleeve on the connector won't go under the braid or vinyl,
trying to tap it into place is futile.

Any suggestions how to get the coax in the connector properly? I'd
like to get this finished before the snow hits.