Re: Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors

To: TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 00:29:46 -0500
Thank you so much for the replies.

As was suggested, maybe my coax & connectors aren't suited for each
other though my coax is indeed RG8 and my connectors are for RG8. It
seems like my coax is thinner than some others I have seen and
perhaps the vinyl runs into the inner sleeve in the connector rather
than sliding over it.

My coax reads: Remee Products Corp RG6/U Type Flooded (03210)
002932FT

The connectors are SNS 1P6 DC0708 and the one I have looks like this
http://tinyurl.com/d3ssz3j

I'd hate to think I bought 100 connectors that don't fit but these do
not fit easily at all. For these to work properly, they should slide
together easily enough in the field.

Sigh...

Gary
KA1J