Re: Topband: QRP Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP Question
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:32:08 -0700
Really?

FCC rules:

(c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each
indicator must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/) or
by any suitable word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator is
self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before and
after, the call sign.*No self-assigned indicator may conflict with any
other indicator specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned
to another country.*

*M              England (M3xxx and M6xxx - Foundation Class Licence,
                         All others - Full Licence Grade)                   14
27*

As I said nobody enforces this.  Your licensing may be different.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net

On 12/12/2011 10:21 PM, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
> This is so wrong. Please please stop spreading this wrong stuff.
>
> It is a mobile designator and NO nothing else.
>
> /Jim SM2EKM
> On 2011-12-12 18:21, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
>> Legally signing /M is only legal if you are in England or one of the
>> countries that uses the M prefix.  It is readily accepted as Mobile but
>> is not a legal designator. I am not sure that most of the ones you
>> listed are legal IARU or ITU call designators.  This could vary from
>> country to country.
>>

>> Mike W0MU
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK