Re: Topband: QRP Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP Question
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:57:49 -0500 (EST)

Let me play the devils advocate and put a spin on why you might want to sign
/qrp when calling CQ.

1)  If I work you and you sign /qrp, then I will send you a QSL card that says
K9JWV/qrp (or whatever your call might be), but if you don't say you are qrp,
then you will get a card that says K9JWV and no mention that I am confirming
you worked me while you were running qrp.

2)  You also might want to sign /qrp when calling CQ if you are trying to
attract other qrp operators.  If I hear someone sign /qrp when they call CQ, I
often fire up my QRP rig since I suspect they will be able to hear me just as
well as I am hearing them.

Don (wd8dsb)

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK