Re: Topband: Operations...

To: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Operations...
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:48:51 -0500
On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 08:33 -0600, Sam Morgan wrote:
> I'll probably get many saying the following just isn't true....
>
> but I can't ever (last 5 yrs) remember hearing a cw ragchew on 160m
> all I ever hear is the big gun CQ DXer's on CW
> and being antenna/power limited, using the same TX antenna for RX
> I never even hear who they are talking to.

---snip---

Hi Sam,

I have been listening to 160 at various times of the day and night for
several months while getting old gear overhauled enough to go on the air
and then an antenna that will accept RF. There is a lot of the DX
machine thing that you mentioned and I have heard a very few foreign
stations from the south (Canada is only a few miles away and a lead pipe
cinch). I have also heard some ragchews on 160 CW. Sometimes I have
heard both sides. If we get on and call CQ..like Eddy does..we can have
some rag chew QSOs. If we only listen to the CQDX ops it ain't gonna
happen.

Your comments are partly true <grin>. We can change that.

73,

Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK