Re: Topband: RX antenna switch

To: "Brian Moran" <brianmo@yahoo.com>, "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <davek4sv@yahoo.com>, "TopBand Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX antenna switch
From: "Dave G4GED" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:27:33 -0000
From: "Brian Moran" <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Here's one that works for TX & Rx.
http://www.qsl.net/k5lxp/projects/CoaxSwitch/CoaxSwitch.html With lockout,
etc. A homebrew version of the '6 pack' kind of box from array solutions. I
have the Array Solutions one, and it works great.
- Brian N9ADG
________________________________

Thanks Brian for the submission which I'm sure admirably suits selection of
TX/RX  antennas perhaps for selection of different bands etc.
If I've read it correctly, the antennas are selected by rotary switches.
The primary need for selection of RX antennas on TopBand is to be able to
switch from any one to any other instantly without the tedium and confusion
of having to spin a rotary switch back and forth whilst trying to find best
copy out of an extreemly weak signal down in the noise.
A matrix of "quiet" interlocked push button switches would be ideal, which
require just one push to instantly change from any one antenna to any other.
Unfortunately, they're not easy to come by these days which is why I'm
thinking of a relay based solution. There's undoubtably software solutions
available to do this but I'm afraid that's out of my league, unless someone
here can pull a design out ready made for DIY!
Cheers Dave

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK