Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF

To: Darl DEEDS <na8w@hotmail.com>, "[Topband]" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:24:59 -0500
You certainly don't need an amplifier for JT65 and most are not using
them.  I worked half a dozen stations last night on 160 - mostly new
states from here in Florida - using nothing more than my 80/40 trap
inverted V and 100 Watts.  Worked KH6SAT on 80 with the same antenna
and power level ... expect to be able to do the same on 160 when I get
a "real" antenna for that band.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 12/31/2011 2:15 PM, Darl DEEDS wrote:
> I was under the impression that JT65 was a weak signal mode. 600 watts seems
> a lot for that. Is that a normal power level for that? I was hoping to work
> it without an amplifier.
>
> Darl  NA8W

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK