Re: Topband: Solar Activity & Topband

To: deswynar@xplornet.ca, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Solar Activity & Topband
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:32:41 -0500 (EST)
Guy Said : Yet, conditions for transcontinental QSOs here during this weekend's
ongoing running of the CQ 160 WW test  have been very good...so far, anyway.

 ------------------------

 I too observed very good state side conditions last night from the
Indianapolis area into Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah (lots of signals
from these areas were often 20dB plus which was really amazing.)  California
was decent, but very little going up the West Coast into Oregon, Washington,
and nothing from VE4, VE5, VE6, and VE7 land.

Also noticed that the actual noise floor was very low.  All in all I was very
surprised that conditions were so good considering all the recent solar
activity reports.

73's
Don (wd8dsb)

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK