Re: Topband: Amazing Video of an extremely large circular array

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Amazing Video of an extremely large circular array
From: Charlie Young <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:13:41 -0600
I started hearing the Woodpecker on 20M at NSGA Bremerhaven, on the North Sea
coast, in the late 1960's. It would completely peg the S Meter and wipe out
every signal on the band.  Even the Italian stations on 20M SSB, who were
usually 20 to 40 over S9, could not make it through.  I don't know if the
system was operational that early or if they were just testing it.

73 Charlie N8RR

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK