Re: Topband: Radial question

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial question
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 07:32:34 -0800
I currently use the spray on my patio, lawn and driveway as a ground system. It
works so well I took down my elevated radial system which made my XYL very
happy. Now I have a much more efficient antenna AND a much happier wife.  I
have worked more DX on 160 this season than in all prior years combined!!!!!

Next, I am going to spray it on the house and use it the vertical radiator.  If
all goes as planned, I will take down my vertical after due A/B testing.

I am also planning to spray a set of elements on the roof in lieu of a yagi.
Should work well on the high bands but have decreased performance as frequency
decreases due to it's low height.  With relays, directions could be switched
instantaneously! There are always tradeoffs.

Think of the applications for hams with antenna restrictions!

73

Bob AA6VB

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2012, at 7:09 AM, "Tree" <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> I have a question for the radial experts out there.
>
> If I spray this stuff on my radials - will it improve my signal on 160
> meters?
>
> It seems that this would help my signal reach its "happy spot" and "launch
> out into space".
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/11/spray-on-antenna-revealed-best-thing-to-come-in-a-can-since-eas/
>
> Tree N6TR

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK