Re: Topband: Radial question

To: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial question
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 10:51:12 -0500
Amazing. Nano antennas aren't new but this guy presents them in an odd way, as
if they form a mystical improvement to normal antennas.  His starting comments
are telling regarding the implied lossy nature of conventional cell phone
antennas as he cites the heat as proof as the lossiness. The fact is the heat
is not from the RF heating the antenna conductor but rather the antenna
conductor for forming a virtual heat sink for the final amplifier of the radio!

This techno babble isn't new. Dr. Lee Deforest nearly got his ass in jail I the
early 20th century using his academic background to overstate early wireless
possibilities. His empire went Bust eventually and he was investigated but not
convicted. The so called Father of Radio had some crook in him too.

by the way remember the video on the Navy's water hose antenna using the stream
of conductive sea water to form an antenna element. ?

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2012, at 10:32, "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
wrote:

> I currently use the spray on my patio, lawn and driveway as a ground system.
> It works so well I took down my elevated radial system which made my XYL very
> happy. Now I have a much more efficient antenna AND a much happier wife.  I
> have worked more DX on 160 this season than in all prior years combined!!!!!
>
> Next, I am going to spray it on the house and use it the vertical radiator.
> If all goes as planned, I will take down my vertical after due A/B testing.
>
> I am also planning to spray a set of elements on the roof in lieu of a yagi.
> Should work well on the high bands but have decreased performance as
> frequency decreases due to it's low height.  With relays, directions could be
> switched instantaneously! There are always tradeoffs.
>
> Think of the applications for hams with antenna restrictions!
>
> 73
>
> Bob AA6VB
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 11, 2012, at 7:09 AM, "Tree" <tree@kkn.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a question for the radial experts out there.
>>
>> If I spray this stuff on my radials - will it improve my signal on 160
>> meters?
>>
>> It seems that this would help my signal reach its "happy spot" and "launch
>> out into space".
>>
>> http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/11/spray-on-antenna-revealed-best-thing-to-come-in-a-can-since-eas/
>>
>> Tree N6TR
>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK