Re: Topband: TB season

To: K4OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: TB season
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:01:25 -0400
Bill,

I've worked JA's in April and August. Europe and the Mideast can be
worked all summer long, as well as VK/ZL and much of the southern
hemisphere -- where it's their winter. So the "season" can be what you
make of it.

Keep working on the Inverted L -- it should be a better antenna for DX
most of the time.

73/Jon AA1K

On 3/15/2012 6:55 PM, K4OWR wrote:
> :::: After 56 years licensed and active for every one of them, the
> recent contest was basically my first real time on 160. I put up a
> simple dipole, and an inverted L which didn't work well. I also have a
> 750' beverage aimed west for rcve.
> I'm almost ashamed to admit that I didn't realize the band had a
> "season" and now it's over till next year?
> I guess I got quite a false impression from the contest where I worked
> almost 750 stations, in every continental state, every Canadian
> province, and 12 countries.
> So now it's over?
> BILL K4OWR
>

> On 3/15/2012 6:43 PM, Slavek Zeler wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>    I have this experience. Last season I worked with all U.S. stateson TB.
>> But ending the season was very bad. Although I have worked with several new
>> countries, but not so many stations from west coast. With better RX antenna
>> system nothink. We must wait for next season. Gl to all Slavek ok1tn
>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK