Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance

To: Raoul Coetzee <raoulcoetzee@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:36:38 -0400
On 2012-04-12, at 8:25 AM, Raoul Coetzee wrote:

>> I would not be too quick to dismiss small magnetic receiving loops from
> consideration for DX work.

Hi Guys,

Who would have the unmitigated gall to condemn ANY receiving antenna, if said
antenna was the sole alternative left to a radio Amateur...?

Some years ago when we still lived in 'burbs I participated in the ARRL
160-meter contest & made hundreds of contacts: my antenna? A W1FB shielded
coaxial loop, adjacent to my station, and 8 feet BELOW ground level in my
basement!

Don't knock it, till you've walked a mile in the other guy's shoes---and be
prepared to be amazed.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK