Re: Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:12:28 -0500
Herb,

Very common problem, with a simple solution. Ants are attracted to the
magnetic field around energized wires. Turn off the power to your Beverages
whenever you're not using them, and I'll bet the ants disappear.

There ought to be one direction where no power is applied to the coax, and
the relay is not energized. In my case, it's northeast, and that's where I
park my Beverage direction control switch when I'm not using them.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>wrote:

> With DC running into a remote box I always find zillions of ants with
> their unusual defection all inside
> sealed boxes.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK