Re: Topband: TX ANT TO RX ANT COUPLING

To: "Jim Koshmider" <k8oz1@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TX ANT TO RX ANT COUPLING
From: <mikefurrey@att.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:06:36 -0500
Hi Jim,

I just use a simple SPST open frame relay to ground the vertical section of the
antenna and no I do not use QSK ... yet ... (need to add it to the old amp)
The vertical section is about 60’ and the rest is horizontal at about 80’ up.
Yes, I have been very pleased with this for this lot. I have thought about the
flag antennas (Waller) and the Hi-Z antennas for rx and will experiment with
that in the future. Oh yes, I have a relay that grounds the feed on the K9AY
loop during transmit as to not get too much signal into the front end of the
rig (K3).

Just let the DX know you are in NM and they will come calling :)  I grew up in
Hobbs, NM and it worked.

73, Mike