Re: Topband: Reducing Noise in the Shack

To: "Wayne Willenberg" <wewill747@gmail.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Reducing Noise in the Shack
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:49:21 -0400
You can build many excellent line filters for the cost of one of anything
from DXE, etc.

I build mine into the older style USA made outlet strips using standard
ferrite rods, and AC rated disc caps with a 3dB cuttoff of 100KHz. Listening
on any frequency on a TS-940 and TS-950SD without an antenna there is
absolutely no noise above about 400 KHz and it shows up below that but is
well below antenna noise for most of the way down in frequency.

Carl
KM1H