Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes
From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:04:11 -0400
Just a note about something in this same vein that I ran into recently with
leakage in cables with BNC connectors.  I bought some 3 ft jumpers made up
with BNC connectors and the connector has no tension when connecting to a
BNC jack and once in a while I have to reseat the connector to try and get
the connection back.  How I noticed it was on a panadapter you could see
images start to ingress  Also on a antenna connection I was getting some
hash from a switching supply in the receiver and reseating the BNC would
clear thing up.  Amphenol and good quality BNC's have some resistance when
rotating the BNC ring and they are tight.  The ones if have take very light
torque at all to rotate and hence they are not always making a solid
connection.  They have no band marking so my guess is they are out of BY.
There is one major manufacturer using these right now but are soon to
replace them.  73 Mike K4PI

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK