Re: Topband: FCP model

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP model
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:32:34 -0400
> I think a more relevant question should be "is there a better or simpler
> elavated radial arrangement that can fit into the 66 foot linear space
> that will radiate more effectively than the FCP design"? I'd be willing to
> extend that distance to 100 feet since many surburban lots can support a
> 100 foot run.
>
> Most people cannot erect elevated 2 or 4 quarter wavelength full length
> radials.

>From what I have seen, within limits of what we could really notice, there
are dozens of ways to accomplish the same thing. All have about the same
result. There is no universal solution that makes every 50 foot backyard
look the same, let alone look like 50 acres of flat rich soil.

The key is always more about not doing something wrong, and doing what fits
and lasts.

Whoever said 2-4 elevated radials always works? Many times fifteen or twenty
50-foot radials on the ground are the same or better.

73 Tom

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK