Re: Topband: FCP model

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP model
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:56:15 -0400
The only lunch is in the ground if you want to heat worms Frank, at least in
this area.

With high conductivity ground then the radials might not need elevating. On
a rock pile elevating beats laying down an an acre or more of copper.

I didnt bother resonating them and just cut to 130' and hauled thru the
trees and the vertical resonance didnt change between 4 and 32 but the R
went down as did the bandwidth somewhere between 16-32.  At such a low
elevation I dont believe resonating makes any difference when ground losses
are so high. At 1/4 wave elevated  then its a true GP and resonating is
important.

Carl
KM1H