Re: Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:37:37 -0700 (PDT)
With all due respect:

The FCP is a dipole. One end is vertical while the other is weaved horizontal
on or near the ground.

The 1:1 isolation Trasformer / Balun serves its purpose as well as stopping
those nasty common mode
conditions.

The FP and CY9 came on and I was not able to work them single hop conditions
just did not favor me. I heard
CY9 on and off but QSB just hindered me. If any one worked them with the same
distance as I but with the
FPC then there is some high angle component.

I had thought that low angle radiation is what is desired for 160M. So what
does the FPC patterns show
on the mapping program?

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK