Re: Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Antennas/FCP
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 22:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
1.4 db loss, the fact that it heats up still tells me the coupling is not
right. It should not heat up at all. Seams that the coupling is a bit too
tight. Hi Q. I messed with this but with a different companies !:1 Isolation
transformer and experienced the same thing.
Since part of the signal is being cancelled in the weave, how much of the
signal should be radiated or lost in the weave.  It is still the other half of
the antenna / what I call dipole. Loss could be more than 2db, maybe 4 or 5
still a guess.
A vertical with ground plain the efficiency is, what about 65%, is this right?
 What is the FPC?
With the driven vertical element the same, with a minimal ground plain to give
you about a 50 ohm match, what the calculated signal difference between this
and the FPC?

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.    Jim K9TF/WA9YSD
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK