Re: Topband: electrical wavelength

To: topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: electrical wavelength
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
My apologies to the group. I stand corrected. My incorrect constant and overly
simplified math clouded the point I was trying to make. The point was intended
to be that at top band frequencies, each degree of electrical phase winds up
being a little over a foot in length. With relatively accurate measurement of
the physical length of the cable, you should be close to your targeted
electrical length (given you use the correct constant and velocity factor).  I
wish I could say this was a case of peer review but I stand in awe of the
knowledge many of you possess.

Tnx agn,
Jim W5QM
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK