Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 117, Issue 20

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 117, Issue 20
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 12:19:29 -0700
On 9/16/2012 11:53 AM, Tom W8JI wrote:
Another part is they just may not recognize CW, or what the CW station is doing.

You would be surprised how many old timers and experienced CW ops are using digital modes. I think that even in this no-code world, almost ANY ham would at least RECOGNIZE CW, even if they couldn't copy it, but I'd bet that very few CW or SSB ops who don't work digital modes would recognize any of them as being signals, let alone recognize the mode.

73, Jim K9YC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK