Re: Topband: Old Radios

To: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Old Radios
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:03:49 -0400
On 2012-09-16, at 3:49 PM, ZR wrote:

> I'll try to get a 210 on 160 for ARRL and see how many states I can work. If
> not the modified 1928 Radiola 60 superhet is all ready to at least listen.
>
> It took 2 1/2 years to work DXCC on 80 with PP 211's which were very stable
> but Ive taken that apart and now building a 160-20 rig starting off with a 27
> and ending in a 860.

Hi Carl,

It'd be just great to hear you on Topband with that 210 rig...

As for garnering W.A.S. during the QSO Party, I should forewarn you:
historically I don't think ANYONE has EVER netted 60 (or more) QSOs during the
entire two-weekends of the event! The west coast is only now beginning to make
its presence known in the past few years in the person of Steve
(VE7SL---forgive me if I have your callsign incorrect, Steve). Most activity is
from the north-eastern USA, although there IS a VERY strong contingent that
joins the group from the mid-west.

No matter, it's a laid-back, leisurely, fun exercise, & it'd be nice if you
could join the fray, Carl.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK