Re: Topband: Vertical dipoles in the real world

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical dipoles in the real world
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:31:48 -0400
In the early 60's I had a full size 40M vertical on top of a 70' pine tree with a bunch ....maybe 8-10...of radials tossed over the branches and weighted with lead fishing sinkers.
It was a superb DX antenna compared to a dipole about 40' high.

Its only fault is that it heard so well it turned the Drake 2B's front end to mush. Thats when I bought a used 75A4 and rebuilt it at work to be near bullet proof and still use it when the going gets tough on 160 CW.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>