Topband: how high are very high voltages on antennas?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: how high are very high voltages on antennas?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:03:27 -0800
It is often mentioned that "very high RF voltages" are present at ends of dipoles, voltage nodes on loops, etc. but I haven't been able to find any guidance in the form of numbers. How high is "very high"? Assuming QRO power into a full size apex up delta loop, corner fed, vertically polarized, what will be the voltage at the apex? I haven't found a way as yet to have EZNEC give me a value.

If I wanted to put a relay at a voltage point to switch a stub, how would I float the 12v DC coil from the RF present?

Grant KZ1W