Re: Topband: November 30-December 2 -- ARRL 160 Meter Contest

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: November 30-December 2 -- ARRL 160 Meter Contest
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:41:49 -0700
To me each of the three 160 meter contests has its unique charm.

In the ARRL 'test I compete against others in my US state or region. Yes it
is a different game in the Western U.S.  And I very much look forward to
seeing my call in the QST article and summary.

The Stew Perry 'test tends to level the playing field. The 15 hour
operating limit is easier on the mind and body. *I would LOVE to see the
results posted within a couple of months of the 'test. *

The CQ 'test is great for getting on and just working lots of stations. The
reporting is not by US state and that takes some of the fun out of it.

   Dave WX7G