Re: Topband: ARRL 160 contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160 contest
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:54:10 -0800
On 11/30/2012 10:27 AM, Jim Bennett wrote:
but the "contest" does provide some opportunities for me

But, in my experience, only in the early morning hours after EU is in daylight and those east coast stations who are still awake have started listening to the west. My best results to the east coast are usually during the 2-3 hours before their sunrise. AA1K is often on from DE with a good signal and good ears. VT is tougher -- there are guys there, but they don't hear nearly as well. As forr RI -- W1OP is loud but deaf. W1XX is not as loud, but hears well.

73, Jim K9YC