Topband: How does this make any sense?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: How does this make any sense?
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 05:09:54 -0800 (PST)
It doesn't make any sense, and its not intended to.
I've given up with the league. My experience has been that  the "advisory"
boards have virtually no influence on decisions that are made about contests or
anything for that matter. That's why I stopped contributing to this "private
club".

Thanks for the comments Ron.  For some reason I just can't think of how
in a 160 meter international contest that if you work KH6 you get no
additional  multiplier for working Guam, Wake Island, Swains, American
Samoa, Midway, Johnson, Kingman Reef, Kure Island!  These are all
separate entities over at the so call ARRL DXCC Desk but apparently not
at the "Contest Desk".

How does this make any sense?