Re: Topband: Spam:****, Re: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest -- copying wea

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Spam:****, Re: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest -- copying weak ones
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:49:17 -0400
Doug,

Then my digital recording (Adobe Audition) possesses a similar mental capacity? No! I edit out the prefix and create a loop after deleting the prefix from the recording. There is a noticeable disappearance into the noise after stations, and I have check over 50 so far, have sent there call signs. It is not a mental condition at all. I don't know what causes the phenomenon and once thought that power amplifiers lost efficiency after a few characters were sent, especially with stations without rally stiff power supplies on their PA's losing a bit of a kick they seem to get when first sending their call . it sometimes seems to me the longer they keep sending the weaker they get. Most amps today use voltage double supplies and the voltage regulation has a swing of 300 to 400 volts. however, I don't see how that can make up for 3db or more of signal drop.

Also let me assure you that George AA7JV has some of the best trained and keenest ears in the business of weak signal low band reception. So I am looking for other reasons. The solution: when in doubt please send the missing information, first and repeat the whole call in conclusion when in doubt.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ