Re: Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:42:53 -0800
Tree wrote:
>> 3.  Send only 5NN <section>.  Do not send my call, BK, etc
>
> I'll actually disagree with this.  Sending "my call" eliminates any
> confusion about who is being worked.  In many situations on 160 - it is
> very handy.  I once got called by W8JI after 10 minutes of CQing with no
> answers.  I wasn't really sure he was working me or not since there were
> lots of people on the band that I couldn't hear (like all of Europe).
>
> Tree N6TR

On occasion, this might make sense.  The trouble is that
I will have already typed in "N6RK" by the time I have figured out
that he is sending my call.  Is there any easy way to fix
this in N1MM other than clicking "wipe" with the mouse?  By
the time I have done that, I have missed his call and have
to QRZ.  My operating skills are merely adequate, not great.
Any interruption of the routine is bad.

Rick N6RK