Re: Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: Steve HA0DU <ha0du@dx.hu>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:29:38 +0100
Dear TopBanders,

My license says CW can be used from 1810 kHz up to the end of the band. However, no Phone modes are allowed below 1840 kHz. I am sure most European licenses are similar. IARU Region 1 bandplan says all modes between 1810 kHz and the upper end of the band - so let's talk ONLY about SSB in the CW portion and not the other way around. CW on 1875 kHz is legit. SSB on 1823 isn't. Monitoring an SSB contest needs human resources. "Three verifiable complaints" is not good enough, as it would lead to a very high number of "complaints". IMHO the organizers of the contest should appoint monitoring stations.

The same should be applied on 40 meters, where QSX listening on 7015 - 7035 in CQWW was quite common...

But let me provoke you: How many serious SSB contest on 160 meters? Two? Three? Why can't the mazochists contesting on 160 SSB have the whole band for 6 days in a year?

73 Steve HA0DU