Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

To: "'Gary and Kathleen Pearse'" <pearse@gci.net>, "'topband List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION
From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:28:08 -0500
Personally, I use an 80 M loop - I like it especially for stateside contest
like Sweep or FD.  Nice solid signal on 40M and 80M.  It does much better
than the Titan.  But the Titan is much less maintenance and I don't have to
put it up and rebuild it each year.

With two hurricanes, no guying and no maintenance work at all, the antenna
stays up, good SWR and I can make the occasional contact.  Will I ever be
the big dog - nope.  I had a much better station in the mid-west, but we all
make compromises,.