Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 and 1/4 wave verticals (was GAP)

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 and 1/4 wave verticals (was GAP)
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:32:43 -0600
It seems to me that a 1/2 wave monopole would need longer radials than a
1/4 wave vertical to help accomplish that.

The point of current max on radials under a 1/2 wave ground-mounted
vertical would be farther out on the radials than if the vertical were 1/4
wave.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM, DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>wrote:

> What we do in the near-field to control ground loss ...

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. &#8212; Bertrand Russell