Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 and 1/4 wave verticals (was GAP)

To: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>, "DAVID CUTHBERT" <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 and 1/4 wave verticals (was GAP)
From: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:15:33 -0600
Gentlemen--
I am learning a LOT, but there is a Great Deal of confusion (at least in my mind) because at least three quite different conditions are involved. We have the base fed 1/4 wave vertical; the base fed 1/2 wave vertical; and the center fed 1/2 wave vertical. Grounding considerations are very different. As far as I know, even though the same analytical tools are pertinent, the characteristics and the design approaches are quite separate. Please, try to clearly separate them in these discussions, to help people like me.
Bill--W4BSG

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever for
supposing it is true. &#8212; Bertrand Russell